vortexring

Hacker fears 'UFO cover-up'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/4977134.stm

Poor lad, he's going to the European Court of Human Rights to avoid being extradited. I read in the paper the Americans will fight him all the way. They want his ass. And when they've finished with it, he'll be taking it into the US prison system. You can see why he's worried.B|

edit: And I reckon he's not making up the 'UFO' stuff either.:o

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/4977134.stm

Poor lad, he's going to the European Court of Human Rights to avoid being extradited. I read in the paper the Americans will fight him all the way. They want his ass. And when they've finished with it, he'll be taking it into the US prison system. You can see why he's worried.B|

edit: And I reckon he's not making up the 'UFO' stuff either.:o

They are some very credible, relied upon people, all saying yes, there is UFO technology, there's anti-gravity, there's free energy, and it's extra-terrestrial in origin, and we've captured spacecraft and reverse-engineered it.

If so then why is the JSF37 (impressive as it is) not more so? if this is true then what is being done with this technology and why suppress it as a killing could be made on such technology. Also just who are the lucky and gifted scientists who reverse enginered it? Either way, I recon that guy can kiss his arse goodbye. Yanks will have him dissapered if they can't get him through the courts and kill him in the clink.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>

First the astronaut (Edgar Mitchell) then the hacker, of course Aliens exist.
But once again religion rears it's ugly head an the governments have to denigh it
cause if we where made in Gods image, in who the fucks image where they made in

Gone fishing

I believe there is hidden knowledge of UFO's. Dunno about anti-gravity and what have you. I was chatting with an Air Traffic Controller who mentioned an incident where one of his mates witnessed a blip on the screen travelling at amazing speeds. An then witnessed lots of Official Secrets Act papers being shoved in front of him, demanding his signature!
And sure, it's a story a bit like I-knew-this-guy-who-knew-this-guy...but funnily enough, I've spoke with other controllers on different bases...

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

>

First the astronaut (Edgar Mitchell) then the hacker, of course Aliens exist.
But once again religion rears it's ugly head an the governments have to denigh it
cause if we where made in Gods image, in who the fucks image where they made in

Maybe they put us here on earth. And spiders!

Baloney. The implication of this article is that a hacker broke into government classified computer systems.

Government classified computer systems, in the space sector, as a rule, are never, never connected to the Internet. Those systems can be declassified, but the process is extreme, and there are points, such as the hard drive being dipped in acid that make it unlikely that this person ever saw classified data.

At most, he might break into a desktop computer somewhere, but none of the information on a desktop is classified. Lines of note:

"and bearing in mind this is a 56k dial-up," (i.e. this is not a real hacker)

"It's a Java application, so there's nothing to save on your hard drive, or at least if it is, only one frame at a time." (i.e. this is not a real hacker)

"He said "What are you doing?" which was a bit shocking. I told him I was from Military Computer Security, which he fully believed." (i.e. he definitely wasn't in a military system, as security measures eliminate the possibility of fooling a person. Probably, he was on an Unreal Tournament server, and the 14-year old kid on the other end was smoking dope and is now scared shitless ...)

"One of these people was a Nasa photographic expert, and she said that in building eight of Johnson Space Centre they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. What she said was there was there: there were folders called "filtered" and "unfiltered", "processed" and "raw", something like that." (yeah, and I believe everything "she said" on the Internet, too :S )

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Baloney. The implication of this article is that a hacker broke into government classified computer systems.

So why do you think the US is extraditing him?

"and bearing in mind this is a 56k dial-up," (i.e. this is not a real hacker)

It was 8 years ago, as in, when 56k dial up was the max available connection to the vast majority of Uk private users.

Look, the guy is obviously a major lunatic, and the spacecraft obsession is just crazy, but he's facing years in prison for a reason.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Really? I didn't read about that part - have you a link?

Yahoo! News reported (from the AFP) that:

McKinnon admitted leaving a message on a US Army computer system, reading: "US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days...

"It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year... I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels."

But he denied US charges that he acted intentionally to disrupt security and influence Washington "by intimidation and coercion".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080730/tc_afp/britainuscourtappealmilitarycomputercrime_080730121914

Though I think I read the same quote in The Times.

Look, the guy is obviously a major lunatic, and the spacecraft obsession is just crazy, but he's facing years in prison for a reason.

Even before 9/11, government laws were cracking down on computer hackers. Stiff penalties, including fines and jailtime levied to anyone hacking into any computer system. This included script-kiddies, like this guy, that hacked into any college computer without authorized permission to do so.

I have no doubt this guy downloaded some scripts from the net (which any 10-year-old can do) and used them to break into some computers. For that, you get fined and jailed by the US government, if you get caught. I highly doubt he got close to anything "confidential", much less classified.

The implication is that he broke into classified systems - bullshit. I've been there, and I know the security measures - they simply aren't connected to the Internet. Not much fun if you watch TV and like to imagine that all these classified systems can be hacked, but the truth is if you don't have physical access to these machines, you can't get in (assuming security standards are being followed, and yes, we were routinely audited). And physical access is much, much harder.

He claims he talked to government employees, but do you believe what other people on the Internet say? Probably just some people with "issues" or kids having fun. He claims he did this and that, but just couldn't seem to produce any evidence of what he says he saw. It reads like a guy with a delusion of grandeur making some small-time hacking seem like the greatest story ever told.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

(i.e. he definitely wasn't in a military system, as security measures eliminate the possibility of fooling a person. Probably, he was on an Unreal Tournament server, and the 14-year old kid on the other end was smoking dope and is now scared shitless ...)

LMAO:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I believe there is hidden knowledge of UFO's. Dunno about anti-gravity and what have you. I was chatting with an Air Traffic Controller who mentioned an incident where one of his mates witnessed a blip on the screen travelling at amazing speeds. An then witnessed lots of Official Secrets Act papers being shoved in front of him, demanding his signature!
And sure, it's a story a bit like I-knew-this-guy-who-knew-this-guy...but funnily enough, I've spoke with other controllers on different bases...

Ok, this blip was moving at "amazing speeds," so where were the complaints of area residents about sonic booms? Or is there some super-special magical UFO technology that somehow prevents them from physically occurring even though some material object is traveling through a medium of air at what I presume would be supersonic speeds (if I read the implication of "amazing" correctly)?

It's funny how it's ALWAYS, "I spoke to 'this controller,' " and there's never a name, a date, a place. And it's ALWAYS, well, he told me about it at the same time he told me about how he was sworn to secrecy -- so, WHICH IS IT? Was he sworn to secrecy, or did he tell you?

How is it that an American astronaut can know that the nearest star besides the Sun is X million light years away, and also be familiar with the limit of matter traveling anywhere near the speed of light, and still think that "they" came all this way in any reasonable lifetime or stretch of lifetimes, only to remain secretive and stealthy? Oh, I forgot, they have "warp drives." :S
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Even before 9/11, government laws were cracking down on computer hackers. Stiff penalties, including fines and jailtime levied to anyone hacking into any computer system. This included script-kiddies, like this guy, that hacked into any college computer without authorized permission to do so.

I have no doubt this guy downloaded some scripts from the net (which any 10-year-old can do) and used them to break into some computers. For that, you get fined and jailed by the US government, if you get caught. I highly doubt he got close to anything "confidential", much less classified.

The implication is that he broke into classified systems - bullshit. I've been there, and I know the security measures - they simply aren't connected to the Internet. Not much fun if you watch TV and like to imagine that all these classified systems can be hacked, but the truth is if you don't have physical access to these machines, you can't get in (assuming security standards are being followed, and yes, we were routinely audited). And physical access is much, much harder.

He claims he talked to government employees, but do you believe what other people on the Internet say? Probably just some people with "issues" or kids having fun. He claims he did this and that, but just couldn't seem to produce any evidence of what he says he saw. It reads like a guy with a delusion of grandeur making some small-time hacking seem like the greatest story ever told.

Mckinnon is nuttier than a fruitcake, that's quite obvious. I'm still curious why the US is making such an effort to extradite him. He himself readily admits to being an 'amateur' hacker. He said himself any fool could have done what he done. He also admits to drinking and smoking grass:S as he done so.

So it does seem far more likely he's being delusional. But why would the US go to such efforts to arrest such a small time fool of a hacker? Just to make an example of him?

Ok, this blip was moving at "amazing speeds," so where were the complaints of area residents about sonic booms? Or is there some super-special magical UFO technology that somehow prevents them from physically occurring even though some material object is traveling through a medium of air at what I presume would be supersonic speeds (if I read the implication of "amazing" correctly)?

These occurances have been reported regularly over the years, with civilians also reporting seeing and hearing things too. From all over the world. Whether the occurances are true or not, I cannot say. I didn't see them.

It's funny how it's ALWAYS, "I spoke to 'this controller,' " and there's never a name, a date, a place. And it's ALWAYS, well, he told me about it at the same time he told me about how he was sworn to secrecy -- so, WHICH IS IT? Was he sworn to secrecy, or did he tell you?

Sure, it is funny. I did say it was a third hand story. Of course such stories tend to be general nonsense. Basically the guy telling me was quite credible in my opinion. And the others too. And members of my family have witnessed some inexplainable stuff. So I'm fairly open to it all. Maybe they're all lying through their teeth. I just don't think they are. I'll look around and see if I can find you link, as there were some recent incidents reported by the tower, the Met men, and civilians around a base in the UK.

How is it that an American astronaut can know that the nearest star besides the Sun is X million light years away, and also be familiar with the limit of matter traveling anywhere near the speed of light, and still think that "they" came all this way in any reasonable lifetime or stretch of lifetimes, only to remain secretive and stealthy? Oh, I forgot, they have "warp drives." :S

Who knows? Maybe they're in the same Premier Nutter league as Mckinnon. Seems there are a lot of nutters cutting about, who once, and still have prominent and credible jobs.

edit: At the end of the day, this is an amusing report more than anything else. I especially enjoyed reading Mckinnons report of the 'lady' in NASA who airbrushed out the UFO's from the pictures which were to be released to the general public. Hilarious. But hang on a sec, if the UFO's were making themselves so obvious, wouldn't there be lots of astronaut reports too?:)
further edit: The nearest star isn't 'x million light years' away. It's about 4.37.(:S)

How is it that an American astronaut can know that the nearest star besides the Sun is X million light years away, and also be familiar with the limit of matter traveling anywhere near the speed of light, and still think that "they" came all this way in any reasonable lifetime or stretch of lifetimes, only to remain secretive and stealthy? Oh, I forgot, they have "warp drives."

There are at least 11 stars within 10 light years of earth.
take care,
space

>Ok, this blip was moving at "amazing speeds," so where were
>the complaints of area residents about sonic booms?

Objects can move faster than sound without a sonic boom, and can be designed using current technology. They just can't do it while generating lift, so you'd need a drive that can support all your weight.

>How is it that an American astronaut can know that the nearest star
>besides the Sun is X million light years away, and also be familiar with the
>limit of matter traveling anywhere near the speed of light, and still think
>that "they" came all this way in any reasonable lifetime or stretch of
>lifetimes, only to remain secretive and stealthy?

Using current technology we could build a ship that could reach the nearest star in about 50 years. (Google Project Daedalus.)

>Oh, I forgot, they have "warp drives."

We're already working on the theory behind such drives, although we have not come up with anything buildable using our current engineering capabilities (such as condensed negative matter stabilized wormholes.)

Using current technology we could build a ship that could reach the nearest star in about 50 years. (Google Project Daedalus.)

This really caught my interest - I googled it and read the Wikipedia entry... so is this actually on the radar of being built or is it still just theory?

Ah, fair enough then.

Is it? It said this in The Times:

'It is very rare for the United States to request the extradition of someone accused of a cyber-crime. The fact extradition was requested at all, suggests that they are taking this case extremely seriously.'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1607497.ece

So I'm still wondering why. Maybe it simply is to make an example of him. But if he didn't access classified material, why go to all the bother?

>so is this actually on the radar of being built . . .

Not even close. It would be horrendously expensive and the payback time (50 years + 4 years) isn't worth it to most scientists.

That's too bad. Though not surprising given we're on like a 20 year timetable to even go back to the moon....
This would really be an exciting project for humanity to get behind.

We're already working on the theory behind such drives, although we have not come up with anything buildable using our current engineering capabilities (such as condensed negative matter stabilized wormholes.)

Nonsense.

I have one over at the office that we pulled off an alien spaceship that I'm &$*&^(*%*©ç¥√¬¥∑ç∫¬NO CARRIER